Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Last Day in New York



On our last full day in New York, we ran into some old friends from Texas, Wade and Priscilla. Well, we didn't actually run into them; we knew they were flying up to start their holiday. We met up at Chelsea Market in the Chelsea neighborhood. This is a very hip and urban food court including some shops.

{Inside Chelsea Market. Photo by Sara}

{Are we in Gotham City? Photo by Sara}


We picked a restaurant called The Green Table. They use the freshest ingredients from local farms, including their own farm in Washington County, NY. We all ordered something different, and it was all very delicious. I had the mac and cheese because it was calling my name, while Elsa got the chicken pot pie which was equally just as good! After lunch, we walked around and visited some of the shops.



We parted ways with Wade and Priscilla and headed back to the hotel. After a quick rest, we made plans to meet up with them again, this time at Grand Central Station. Having only seen this place in movies, it was so beautiful to see it with my own eyes! I couldn't help but raise my head and stare at the constellation ceiling. We had dinner at Johnny Rockets in the food court, but Elsa and Deli got dessert first because they wanted a hot dog from Times Square.



After our lovely visit at Grand Central, we walked to Times Square in the drizzling rain . . . and it was freezing. Elsa and Deli got their hot dogs, and we stopped by a Hard Rock for some gifts to take back home.



We said adios to Wade and Priscilla and headed back to our hotel. We had quite a ways to go, and because the ridiculous construction changed up all the subway routes, it dropped us off two stops before our hotel. We decided to brave the elements and walk in the cold rain, huddled with our arms interlocked to give us added warmth. We must have looked pretty silly, but it's bringing a smile to my face just writing about it! I wouldn't have changed a thing . . . well, the weather. I would have changed the weather.



The next morning, as we said our goodbyes and Sara, Deli, and Elsa left for the airport, I tried not to cry. I failed miserably as I walked back into the hotel, a group of ladies staring at me. I probably looked funny because I was in a raincoat, pajama pants, and rain boots. The girls were back in Texas before I had even gotten on my plane back to Europe. We have already discussed future trips! Can't wait to see what our next trip is!








No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye