Monday, May 4, 2015

Cyprus With Friends


Since I last wrote my entry, I've journeyed on some new adventures. I have been to Paris, Vienna, Salzburg, and Rome in the past two months and haven't had time to breath! Catching my breath now...



I have had such a marvelous time! I went to Paris with some girlfriends. It was mostly a shopping trip but we did get to see the Eiffel Tower and visit the Louvre. Another blog post on that later.

Zach and I had some visitors the past few weeks. Zach's mother, Julie, and her friend, Debbie, visited us on our little island. After spending a few days on Cyprus, we flew out to Vienna, with a side trip to Salzburg. My mother-in-law and I continued to Rome and we said our goodbyes to Debbie, who flew back home to Texas. 



Easter for the Greek people was actually a week later than the States this year. Many businesses were closed, but we still got to do a lot. We visited Kolossi Castle then we enjoyed a meze, made British style, at a local restaurant Zach and I frequent called Cava. The owners are so nice and they do have a Greek meze for anyone who wants to try it! A meze provides the backdrop for a social gathering, whether it is 2 people or 20 people. It is a lot of food starting from appetizers to main dishes, but they are all served on small plates to be shared. Be warned...it is A LOT of food! So when the salad comes out, sample it, but then move on because there is so much more good stuff comin'! 

Have you ever tried a meze? How was your experience?


2 comments:


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye