Monday, August 3, 2015

Last Day in the UK


In high school I liked reading what little works of Shakespeare I had read. It wasn't until college that I loved reading his plays even more. My professor was so passionate about Shakespeare it rubbed off on me. To this day, I love reading and learning more about anything related to Shakespeare.


So I knew today was going to be an exciting day.




We first stopped at the cottage of William Shakespeare's wife, Anne Hathaway, and took a photo with our group. We then visited the birth place of William Shakespeare himself. We walked inside the cottage and saw the room he was born in along with the kitchen and other bedrooms. We also wandered along the grounds and saw the beautiful gardens. And how can you not purchase books from the gift shop? We certainly had to. I bought a book of Mr. Shakespeare's sonnets, and Zach bought Star Wars books written in play form.


After touring the cottage we had a bite to eat. Suddenly it started to pour, and we ran back to the bus soaking wet and drove back to London. We said our goodbyes to Anne Marie, the best tour guide ever, and Steve, our awesome bus driver, and checked in to our hotel. Since it was our last night, we decided to have dinner and see a show. We tried to get tickets to War Horse but it was sold out on that night. We decided to see Wicked instead. Zach had seen it when he was younger and enjoyed it. I was so excited that we had excellent seats. The actors and actresses were amazing. The musical score was beautiful. I can't believe I hadn't seen this sooner! I purchased a t-shirt, CD, and program before the show started...good thing I loved it. After the show we took a taxi back to our hotel and crashed for the night.


We were sad leaving the UK the next day. We both had such an amazing time and wished we could have stayed longer. We have talked about going back to the little villages we stopped at along our way to stay at a bed and breakfast. I have absolutely no objections to that!





No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
blogger template by envye